While cars are vital for everyday use, they are a labyrinth of parts that confuse most owners when it comes time for repairs. Knowing simple car maintenance here in Jersey City can help prevent major breakdowns and save you hundreds to thousands of dollars in repair. One of the most important and easiest ways to maintain your car is changing your oil every 5,000 miles. If you don’t get an oil change for your car, your engine overheats and warps and brake pads wear down and rub together from no lubrication. If you need car maintenance in Jersey CityJersey City, NJ, call West Side Tire & Automotive at 201-433-5123 today.
How To Take Care of Your Car
- Clean windshield. This form of car maintenance can easily be done at gas stations while you are filling up your tank
- Check tire pressure. Too low of tire pressure results in flats. Too high and more wear is put on the middle of your tire, instead of equally all around.
- Check oil levels. Oil is the lifeblood of cars and keeps everything working properly by having gears and parts lubricated so metal isn’t rubbing against metal
- Rotate tires every 5,000 miles. Too much tread on one tires causes it to burst. By rotating them, tires get even amounts of tread. A lot of auto shops will perform tire rotations with your car checkup.
- Change air filter every 12,000 miles. The air filter catches dust, dirt, leaves, and other flying debris and when clogged, overheats your car.
- If brakes are squeaking or acting up, get them repaired
- Check all liquid levels and refill if necessary. These include coolant, refrigerant, transmission fluid, and windshield wiper fluid.